Finningley Village Community Group events are often based at Finningley Village Hall
Finningley Village Hall has a functional kitchen area, a large open room, smaller meeting room, lots of tables and chairs and toilet facilities. There is good parking available to the front of the building.
The Hall is the responsibility of Finningley Parish Council and is managed and maintained by a group of volunteers called the Finningley Village Hall Management Committee.
Please click the link below to be redirected to the Parish Council webpage for the Hall and how to book
About the building
The hall is a Grade II listed building in the heart of the village, located just off Old Bawtry Road and it is set within the village conservation area.
There was originally a barn on the site which was used as a school until about 1836 and the children used the churchyard as their playground. About that time the Village Hall was built as the new school and in 1855 and John Harvey gave an annual donation of £20 to establish a Church School (there is plaque over door).
The Village Hall remained in use as a school until 1966 when the present school off Silver Birch Grove was opened and at that time it was made available for use by the community. It is owned by the Parish Council but is managed by the Village Hall Committee.